You may be asking yourself, "Do I need a blog for my small business?" The short answer is YES! Every business can and needs to have a blog.
Having a blog is not limited to traditional bloggers. For years, many successful companies have seen the benefits of having a blog for their businesses.
Check out my tips on why your business needs a blog:
1. Blogs Provide Solutions: You may have heard the famous statement that "Businesses should aim to solve a problem." People want solutions to their problems and businesses should aim to help solve those problems. One of the best ways to help people find solutions is to create a business blog. While your company many list its products and services, a blog allows you to have a dedicated place to provide valuable solutions to real-world problems.
2. Creates a Need for Your Service or Product: Providing solutions is a key part of business (as mentioned in point 1). Your blog allows you to tie solutions to your services and/or products. The Tupperware brand is a perfect example of creating a blog that provides solutions and then connecting those solutions to your business. On their blog, you can find a variety of topics, from meal preparation to summer activities to do with your kids - all using Tupperware brand products!
3. Become an Industry Leader: When potential customers and clients visit your website, they may not get to learn "your voice." Are you bubbly or series and corporate? No matter your business' style and personality, establishing a blog allows you to display your company's personality with focused topics and discussions. The blog also allows you to demonstrate your expertise. Providing blog posts shows that you are thoughtful, aware of industry trends, and understand what valuable resources your customers needs.
4. Low-Cost. High Return: With the pricing of advertising rising everyday, creating a blog has a relatively low startup cost and high return on investment. Your business can start a blog and commit to posting new and meaningful topics each month (choose a number that's realistic and consistent). There is also a high potential return on investment with a blog. Some of the returns include increased engagement, social media growth, and increase in sales.
5. Establish and Creates a Community: Visitors of your blog can ask questions, share their own tips, provide feedback on customer experience, and provide new ideas on how to improve your products or services. Having open dialogue amongst site visitors helps to establish a community centered around your brand!
6. Search Engine Optimization: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a technique to increase the number of site visits through the use of key terms. These key terms can help your website appear near the top of an Internet search. For example, if you have a coffee shop, your blog may include words that people will typically type in while searching for a coffee shop. Those words can include key terms like "DC Coffee Shop," "Frappes in the city." Terms that a person would type in while looking for a local coffee shop in their area.
Want to launch a blog, but aren't sure how to get started? Contact us today!