Do-It-Yourself: TuTu Skirts!
On November 13, 2016, my family and I hosted our baby girl's first birthday party (tears)! When planning her party, I knew I wanted something over-the-top, frilly, and pink. Check out the quick and easy steps on how to make your own tutu skirt!
Tulle: Can be purchased at your local arts and crafts store. I used two rolls. The amount used will depend on the size of the person.
Elastic: This can also be purchased at your local arts and crafts store. There are different types of elastic, so pick the one you'll feel most comfortable with going on your little one's tummy.
1: Measure the elastic around your little one's waist and cut it.
2. Sew the ends of the elastic together. The elastic should overlap.
3. Measure the desired length for the skirt. Then double the length of the fabric you'll cut.
4. Cut another piece that is slightly shorter.
5.Place the two pieces of fabric together, with the shorter piece on top.
6. Loop the fabric around the elastic. Pull tightly.
7. Continue all the way through the elastic.
8. Fluff and you're done!